Saturday, December 15, 2007

Still Sleeping Husband

The misguided notion that I successfully internalize stress to save myself and others from its outside manifestation, died a bit, this week.  I realized that my stress may not be digesting on its own so well when William seemed as exhausted and relieved as I was yesterday, the last day of my finals.  Well, we survived two papers and three finals, including a nine hour Trade Mark exam during which William shuttled coffee and food to me for sustenance.  

And tomorrow at midnight we leave for Thailand, by way of New York, where we will slow the plane to allow Ms. Nora to run and jump aboard.  No, actually, we have a full 36 hours in that Cold Apple to wander and pine for warmer (and wetter) weather.  (I have no need to imagine what my hands will look like in old age; the first month of winter in the desert turns my fingers into ragged, cracked, dead-dried-fish.)  (I know that's gross.)

No comments: